ProteoRed-ISCIII integrates 25 laboratories in a networked proteomics initiative within the PRB3 of the Spanish National Institute of Health (ISCIII). The mission of ProteoRed is to consolidate and maintain a competitive proteomics technological resource in order to provide a service of excellence to academic and industrial partners.
ProteoRed general aim is to contribute to the design and development of projects in the biotechnology and biomedicine areas, to establish new concepts in biology, to identify new diagnostic and therapeutic targets, to promote the development of new biopharmaceutical products and to dissect the mechanism of action of drugs and their selective effects in specific individuals.
Specific objectives of ProteoRed are:
- Provide competitive technological services in proteomics to the scientific community and, specifically, to the National Health Service.
- Incorporate international standards to its workflows.
- Continuously update its service portfolio, incorporating new state of the art technology and analytical procedures.
- Lead the Spanish participation in international projects including the Human Proteome Project (HPP).
- Offer continuous training to its staff.
- Promote dissemination and educational activities for the whole scientific community and the society in general.
- Enhance the internationalization of its activities.